About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 19 February 2016

Day 50 - Where has the time gone?

Evening!! So, we are on day 50 of the year - the time seems to be going so quickly!! And of course we are on day 50 of my Crafty Image a Day!! To be honest, I'm surprised I've got this far - but am now determined to keep going for the other 316 days that are left!! 

Yesterday I shared the results of playing with glycerin on card. I have to admit to enjoying playing - but I am also finding that I need to have a use for whatever I've come up with - otherwise it feels sort of pointless. OK - I know that the learning part is good - but I like to think that all my effort will become part of something more tangible.

So, I had a think - and this is what I've come up with so far. I decided to colour the card in a palette that would go with the Kraft card faux leather from before. 
So, the Linen card was inked with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, the Hammered with Tea Dye, the Centura Pearl with Antique Linen, the Sheena stamping card with Old Paper, and I covered the black with Pebeo Renaissance Gold Gilding Wax.
I rather liked the overall combination and began thinking about how I could use it on a canvas. So, I did a bit of measuring stuff, and cut some rectangles from each piece.
I then played around with the pieces until I was happy with the arrangement. This is as far as I have got at the moment and it's not fixed down, but I have this vision of using the Words from the Textures and/or Textures Elements stamp sets to add onto it. And doing something with the background - maybe with texture paste and stencils - maybe with paint....
Not quite sure when I'll get to play with this again - but I am happy that I will be able to use my experiment to create a project.
Back tomorrow,
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx