About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 18 February 2016

Day 49 - ... continued from yesterday!!

Evening!! So, after my very quick post last night, I will take a little more time tonight. After my go at faux leather with Kraft card, it occurred to me that maybe you can do the same thing with other card. So, I decided to have a go with Crafter's Companion Linen, Hammered, Centura Pearl, Matt Black and Sheena Stamping card - just to see what would happen. 
For each piece, I sprayed both sides with glycerin, and scrunched it up three times.
It was obvious quite quickly that the fibres in some card seperate much quicker than others. The above photo is of Sheena Stamping card - and you can already see the fibres coming away - and that was the first go!
I was also interest to see whether the texture on the linen and hammered card disappeared - and what happened to the pearl. Well, it's not easy to see on the photo - but the texture on the linen didn't completely disappear - but the hammered one had little evidence of texture left. The Centura Pearl, however, I really love!! Although it was a little delicate and did tear around the edges, the finished texture was gorgeous - it almost enhances the sheen of the pearl!! 
The Matt Black card proved tricky in that it was still fairly stiff and card like - so think that would need more than three goes with the glycerin spray. 
I embossed all the pieces with Textures Distress folder. I have to say that my favourite is the Centura Pearl - with it's gorgeous texture and sheen!! 

And then I wondered what to do with all of it now. Well, more of that tomorrow!!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx