About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 13 February 2016

Day 44 - Faux Leather

Evening! Before I get going tonight, I just wanted to say a big thank you to Julie and Tracy - my two most loyal followers and commenters. Most of the time I send my blog out into the ether not knowing if (and to be fair not really expecting) anyone will read it or give me any feedback. Most people seem to operate predominantly on Facebook these days - and I do share my things there too. But both Julie and Tracy pop in now and again with a lovely comment - just to reassure me that my posts don't just disappear into a black hole!! 

Anyway. Last night I made a start on the faux leather technique, and this morning I spent a little bit of time finishing it off. 
I split the sheet of A4 Kraft card into two, and last night, while the card was still damp, I embossed each half with a different folder. Above is "Distress" (have to admit this one didn't emboss too well due to use error) and below is "Leaf Vein".
So, this morning, I started applying the Distress Ink. On the Leaf Vein, I began with Gathered Twigs, and on the Distress I started with Frayed Burlap.
I think I was a bit impatient, as at this stage I wasn't really that keen. And lots of little bits were coming off the card, so my cut and dry foam was getting covered. After trying to brush the bits off, I went in again. On the Leaf Vein I used Walnut Stain, and on Distress I used Vintage Photo (I actually did some direct to paper with this pad too). 

That's as far as I got today, as I needed to go out for a run, start planting my seeds, hoover the house, and prep the last of the parsnips from the garden ready to make soup. I have started another little experiment, however, which I will share another time. And I'm also curious to see whether this faux leather will go through the sewing machine - so, I'm still considering what do with it. I have to say, that on camera I prefer the look of the Leaf Vein - but strangely, in real life, I like the Distress.

Anyway, I still have lots I want to play with - and hopefully more time to play in the morning.

Back tomorrow,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx