About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 11 February 2016

Day 42 - Butterfly Lullaby

Good evening!! I have had a lovely day in my garden, tidying up the leaves and debris in both the front and back gardens. Next step is to start planting the plethora of seeds I've got!! Looking forward to starting that at the weekend.

Today I have finally got round to sharing with you the card that I made for my sister's 50th birthday. I've been putting it off, purely because I haven't had a huge amount of time to blog - and this one needed just a little bit more time than I've had of late.
It doesn't show too well on the photograph, but the patterned card is purple. In fact it is Crafter's Companion A3 double sided Indulgence card. The white card is Centura Pearl Hint of Silver.
I used elements from Sara Davies' Butterfly Lullaby collection. I embossed a piece of Centura Pearl with the Filigree Frame folder, and then I used the Oval 3D Butterfly to cut out the decorative piece from the Indulgence card. I cut it again from Centura Pearl, so I could have a white butterfly. The letters and numbers are Die'sire 1" Decorative Alphabet and Numbers.
I repeated the design on the front of the box, which was itself made from Indulgence card. The Fancy Flourishes are also from the Butterfly Lullaby collection, and the little flowers are the waste from the oval. Several widths of white organza and satin ribbons were used for the bows.
The inside of the box is also decorated, using more of the Indulgence and Centura cards, and a Fancy Flourish.
The 8x8 card sits nicely inside the box. I was very pleased with how this turned out - and my sister liked it too!!
Back tomorrow!
Cxxx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx