About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Day 41 - My Longest Standing UFO!!

Evening!! After a morning of work, followed by a run, I have been busy making a total mess of a project and tutorial. 10 wasted sheets of card later, and I think I may have got it sussed. But that's for another day.

So, thought I would share with you my longest standing UFO (unfinished object!). We all have them - but not sure if I'll ever have the enthusiasm to finish this one. I originally started this gorgeous teddy bear alphabet cross stitch as a present for the birth of my first niece. And I was so keen on doing it to begin with. Well, nearly 16 years on, here it is - still unfinished. 
I have to admit, that the finished "A" looks really good - but for some reason I decided to do the rest of the block colours of the letters first. And maybe that was my mistake. Maybe if I'd finished each letter in turn, it would have kept my interest more. 

Oh well, I know where it is if I ever get the urge to finish it!! 
Back tomorrow,
Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx