About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 6 February 2016

Day 37 - A Little More Storage!!

Evening. What horrible weather today - although I think we've got off lightly compared to some. Ventured into town this morning for a little shopping, and while my husband disappeared into Halfords, I went into The Works to see what crafting goodies that they had - you never know what little gems you may find in there.

And today, I was not disappointed. I found these little foldaway storage baskets - and they seemed perfect for me to use when I am sewing. 
The larger one was £4 - and is perfect for the fabric/wadding for my current projects along with the books that I am working from, and my small square quilting ruler. It sits comfortable at the side of my desk - just within reach. The little one (£2) fits on my desk, holding my fabric scissors - and the lace and binding I am currently using. I've since added a little stitch ripper into the empty pocket of the smaller one, and my quilting pencils in the pocket of the larger one to keep my rotary cutter company!!

All in all, a very good purchase. And they do them in a couple of other different designs too, if you don't like the neutral beige.

Back tomorrow,
Cxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow the are perfect Carole a good find.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for storing sewing supplies and such a great price. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx