About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 4 January 2016

Day 4 - My New Peg Bag!!

Day 4 - and while pretty much everyone else has been back to work or school, I am still at home. As I do supply work, I have to wait for the phone calls to come in - and over the course of the day I've had a few bookings for later this week and into next week. Meanwhile, I have started back into my running training, with 4 miles done today. Was not the best - but I did it!! Afterwards, I treated myself to a visit to Fabricland to pick up some fabric for a few projects I have lined up for later on. 

But onto today's crafy picture(s). Ages ago I bought some cheap polyester fabric for £2 from The Works with the intention of making a new peg bag. The one I had was my Nan's - and she's been gone a few years now - so it's very old. So, using the instructions in lovely Debbie Shore's Half Yard Heaven, I have spent my afternoon making a new Peg Bag.
I have to admit to altering mine a bit - and if I was to do it again, would make it a little longer and use a thicker fabric, but overall it's turned out OK and will last for the time being.
I also have to admit to top stitching the binding as I'm not the greatest fan of hand sewing - but I think it can add to the effect! Particularly on bunting when I always use a decorative stitch. 

I think while I've got the machine out, I will try to finish off the Christmas bunting I never finished last year - at least then it will be ready for this year!!

Back tomorrow!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx