About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 6 July 2015

It's Christmas!!

Well, sort of!! Tonight sees the launch of the Pick of the Week on Ideal World - and the launch of the lovely Crafter's Companion Nordic Christmas Collection which includes a CD, stamps and embossing folders. 

I have used the CD to create this side-stepper card.
The base is made from A4 Kraft card and the measurements shown below are in cm. The black lines are scoring and the red are cutting. The dotted ones are to show the measurements. You will need to trim a little piece of at the bottom - it will be obvious once it is folded.
The image is from the Shaped Cards section, and, after cutting out the centre section, I have made it so that it bows out. I embossed a piece of acetate with my Embossalicious A4 Let it Snow folder, and placed this behind the image. The knitted background is a paper from the CD, with a Die'sire Snowflake to embellish.

I matted and layered the matching paper to the front and sides of the stepper. The white pieces on top are Kraft card painted with gesso, embossed with Let It Snow, and then sanded back. The snowflake embellishment was also cut from this. The message is from the Sentiment section. I printed it a couple of times to decoupage the holly to give it some depth. The baubles are from the Embellishment section.
I printed an A5 landscape insert from the Design Set section of the CD - and then cut into it so that the pieces all fitted onto the inside of the stepper.

Watch out for all the sneaky peeks that will be popping up over the next couple of days - and set record for Tuesday at 9pm on Ideal World.

Cxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx