About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 7 June 2015

Running, birds and birthdays!!

Evening!! Am sat half watching the Grand Prix, and am feeling a little tired after my 5K this morning. But thought I would try to do something useful and write another blog!! 
Last weekend my OH and I were up in Edinburgh as he was running the Marathon on the Sunday. He ran a really great time, getting a new personal best - and while we were away, on the Saturday it was his birthday. 

As well as running, one of his loves is wildlife - and he has been a "twitcher" since he was a boy!! So, this image from the Times Gone By CD was perfect for his birthday card. This particular one is the Fabric Companion, and I teamed it up with a couple of the papers from the CD. I decided to keep it simple and just used Die'sire Essentials Hearts and Scalloped Hearts to create a little embellishment. 

It also gave me an opportunity to use my new Die'sire Classique Only Words 1" Decorative Alphabet dies!! I LOVE alphabet dies - and this one is just brilliant as you can create the effect of joined writing!!  I used a little bit of ribbon and a few pearls to complete the card. 

Back soon,
Cxxx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx