About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Finally .....

... I have a chance to share my Scruffy Little Kitten samples!! The images on the CD are sooo cute - I can see me using this for quite a few children's birthdays that are coming up. 

My first share is my Umbrella card. I created the umbrella shape on my computer, and then printed it twice onto Centura Pearl Hint of Silver which already had one of the Co-ordinating papers printed onto it. I also printed the patterned paper from the Design Sets onto the back. I scored a line roughly two cm from the top of the umbrella, folded it back - then used this area to stick the two parts of the umbrella card together. The handles (again created on my computer and printed onto card) were stuck inside the umbrella, and I then played around with where to cut the flat edge to allow the card to stand.
I then printed the umbrella again onto a piece of Printable Light card which also had the patterned paper printed onto it. I then cut inside the lines to create the panels for the umbrella.

The image is from the decoupage section of the CD, and the sentiment is from the Rosie stamp set.

I will hopefully be back later today with another share!! 
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Carole.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, they are really cute images. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx