About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Box full of flowers!!

Morning - and what a fine, warm one it is!! Have had to have a fan on all night, as we currently have a bees nest in our roof - and they are going in and out just outside our bedroom - so we can't open the windows!! Ah well! 

A while back I blogged about three pallet art canvases I made for friends' birthdays. Well, I also made them each co-ordinating box card. 
The box itself is made from Sheena Stamping Card as it is nice and thick. I laid it landscape onto my Big Score, and scored at 7cm, 14cm, 21cm, 28cm. I then turned it portrait so the small flap/tab is at the top. I then scored at 10cm and 17cm BUT only through the flap/tab and 3 of the side pieces. The bottom one will form the back of the box so you don't want to score into that.
I used the same images and papers as I did on the canvases along with a (hopefully) inspirational quote!! 
I used just one strut inside the box which I decorated with flowers made from the papers using several different Spellbinders dies . The bird and the boat images are from Crafter's Companion Halcyon Days, and the flower from Sugar and Spice.

Enjoy the rest of your day whatever you are doing!!

Cxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are fabulous Carole, love the colours and the gorgeous flowers.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx