Yesterday my perpetual calendar sat on the front of the display table during the shows - and I loved the fact that it was open on the 9th February. Sara even showed it off during the second of the shows!! This project was not originally one I planned to do. I had sorted all the others and had been contemplating a few ideas for my last. And then I had this bizarre dream about making a Thelwell perpetual calendar!! I never dream about crafting - or get inspiration that way - so this was a bit weird for me. And I just couldn't shake the idea off!! So, I decided to go with it. And this is the result!!
For the base of the calendar I used a piece of A3 Centura Pearl Hint of Silver (29.7cm x 42cm). It needs to be scored at 2cm, 18cm, 34cm and 38cm . This folds to make the base (the 2cm piece is the place where you stick it together).
I used the Die'sire 3" number dies to cut the numbers - 1,2 and 3 for the first part, and 0 to 9 for the second. This was all cut from Centura Pearl Hint of Silver, printed with one of the papers from the CD.
Each number was edged with Frayed Burlap before being mounted on more Centura Pearl - each piece was 8.5 cm x 6.5 cm. This in turn was mounted onto a piece of the printed Centura Pearl - 14.8 cm x 9 cm.
I created the month cards on the computer - each one is 11.5 cm x 7.5 cm. I printed off some different papers from the CD, then printed these cards over the top. The pictures are from the Toppers section of the CD - and were added to the month cards. These, in turn were mounted onto more printed Centura Pearl.
Using the same papers as for the month cards, I cut lots of flowers using Die'sire Essential Flowers for All Occasions, and used these to decorate all of the pieces.
Finally, I used my Zutter Bind It All to punch the holes and bind each of the sets of cards to the top of the base.
Am looking forward to seeing if it says the correct date on the shows today!!