About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 7 December 2014

Fun with Animal Print!!

Morning!! My cold has decided to come back with a vengeance - but of course it is not as bad as my OH's sore throat and cough that are confining him to bed!! So while he feels sorry for himself, I have another sneak peek for Fiona's Darice Embossing Folder shows on Create and Craft tomorrow.

This is an 8x8 card made using the Animal Print Embossing Border Folders. They come as a set of 3 - leopard, tiger and giraffe!! To get consistent block sizes, I used Die'sire Essentials Rectangle dies.
I decided that I would try to use a variety of different surfaces and techniques with this card. I used double sided sticky paper, sticky back cork, pre-gessoed canvas, and sticky back chalkboard vinyl. All except the double sided sticky have been bought from The Range in roll form. 
I then embossed the various pieces. I have to admit to changing my mind a few times about which pieces, which sizes and which pattern - so what you see here does not necessarily match up with the finished piece - but you get the idea.
With the double sided sticky paper, I decided to use the giraffe print with Mica Powders.I found it easier to use a very small brush, and cover the debossed parts, before the embossed parts. I stuck this onto white card. 
With the chalkboard vinyl, I used the lion print. I painted on some Pebeo Mixtion. Now, essentially, this is the same as the Mixtion paste that Sheena had on her show with the Mixed Media box of products - except that this is a liquid that you can paint on. I then used some gold foil over the top.
For the canvas, I chose the leopard print, and used the Direct to Paper method with my Black Soot DI. I didn't go over it too much, as I liked the the texture that shows through. I then used some Gold Acrylic paint in the debossed areas.
I forgot to take photos of the cork - but I used the giraffe print, with Direct to Paper with Rusty Hinge DI, and more Gold Acrylic Paint.
I mounted the pieces on a combination of Kraft, Matt Black, and Neenah Solar White card. The sentiment is Sheena - Only Words - From the Heart - on Neenah Solar White.

Make sure to tune in tomorrow to see what Fiona and the rest of the DT have been up to with these great embossing folders.

Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx