About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 16 November 2014

Sugar and Spice!!

Good evening!! Have been so busy doing 'catch up' jobs, lesson prep and having a little play with some crafty stash, that I forgot to blog earlier!! Tomorrow is the launch of the Sugar and Spice CD to complement the embossing folders - and also of the new quilling and 3D flower dies. 

Am going to share two cards with you - both in the same gorgeous blue and lilac colour way. The first is this A5 tent fold card, using one of the Card Companion images. I printed the papers that matched onto Satin Finish paper, and used Centura Pearl Fresh Blue and Purple from the Pastels collection. I embossed the Blue with the A4 Floral Trellis folder.
The flower is made from the new Blossom Quilling die, using the Purple Centura Pearl, and the blue patterned paper. I cut two pieces of each colour, and stuck the two pieces together, staggering the petals. I started with a piece cut with the Stamen die, quilled that up, then added the blue around it, then the purple.

The second card is a twisted easel card. This is another Card Companion - this time circular. Again, the matching papers were printed on Satin Finish - and I used the Fresh Blue again, this time with Hint of Silver.
The Blue Centura was embossed with the A4 Delicate Floral folder, and the flowers are cut using the new Forget Me Not die. I added little paper flowers from my stash on to the top.

Make sure you tune in tomorrow at 8am to see Leann launch the new CD and all the great dies.

Back tomorrow - probably be a late one again!!
Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx