About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 17 November 2014

Going large!!!

Good evening!! Have been working on a project tonight - but have given up as half way through I realised I made a fundamental error with measurements!! So, it'll be back to the drawing board tomorrow.
But in the meantime here's another Sugar and Spice card. This is a large A4 card made from an A3 piece of Centura Pearl Hint of Silver. I used one of the Topper Companions, and printed it twice so I could decoupage the cakes - after spraying them with Pearl Diamond Spray and Sparkle. The papers are printed onto Satin Finish Paper, and I embossed another piece of Centura Pearl with the 8x8 Cakes Galore folder. 
The 3D bow is from the CD - with a bit of ribbon from my stash. And the numbers are cut with Die'sire 3" Numbers - and also embossed. I treated myself to the 3" Alphabet and Numbers recently when they were on offer - and they are a perfect size for this card. The little embellishment in the top corner is made using my Epiphany Round 25 - with a bubble cap.

Well, that's all for tonight! Hopefully my brain will be in gear tomorrow and I will be able to sort out tonight's little mess!!

Take care,
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow Carole, that's a proper statement piece. It reminds me of those giant cards that were all the rage in the 70s! I still have a couple in the attic, lol. I do hope you are able to deliver it in person.

    Hope you get your mistake sorted with the measurements.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx