About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 15 October 2014

A Little Bit Late ........

You may (or may not) have noticed my absence from my blog for a few days. That's because I have been busy working on some fab new stuff - which I will be able to share with you soon..... And because of that I have got behind with a few other things!! So - what's a little bit late? Well, two days ago Crafty Cardmakers & More launched their new fortnightly challenge - and I totally forgot to blog my inspiration card!! Oops!! A big sorry to those people who have popped over here looking for the card shown on the CCM&M Blog!! And also to my fellow team mates who have busted a gut to get their projects blogged on time!! I promise to do better in the future!! 

So - here it is. The challenge this time is: It's Only Words!  This means we want to see a sentiment as the focus on your project. And this is the fab prize on offer to the winner. 

I decided to make an easel card this time. And went for the rather autumnal and striking colour combination of burgundy and orange. The photo makes it look more purple - but it's definitely redder in real life.  
I used two 6x6 cards for the base of the easel, and covered the front and base with orange Bazzil card. I then cut a piece of Papermill burgundy card using Crafter's Companion Enchanted Create a Card. The sentiment is from the Creative Expressions Thoughtful Sentiments plate, stamped onto the orange card with Aged Mahogany DI. The swirls are from Creative Expressions Mini Swirls. 

The ovals are cut with Crafter's Companion Die'sire Essentials Ovals and Scalloped Ovals, and the centre piece from the Create a Card has been used as part of the 'stopper' along with an orange button.

I embossed the other pieces of burgundy card with CC Embosallicious Ornate Butterflies folder, and decorated with Die'sire Essentials Beautiful Butterflies, ribbon and pearls. 

Please make sure to pop over to Crafty Cardmakers and More and check out the great inspiration from the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!! 

Back soon,
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Carole, and they do say better late than never lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Carole! I love easel cards, and your die cuts on this one are gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx