About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 11 September 2014

One for the boys!!!

Hello there!! Lots to do today so thought I would get my post out early!! Have been back at the day job this week - and been getting to know my new little lovelies!! But today I am off to run a few errands in town, and then into the garden for more tidying up!! 

So - this card is for a friend's son - can't believe he's 11 this year!! My OH and I got married 10 years ago next month - and he was a little toddler at the time!! 
Anyway - here's what I made. He loves his football - so this Create Companion from Crafter's Companion's Camden Town CD was perfect!! I used two co-ordinating papers from the CD for matting and layering.


I made a blue A5 base card, and more of the same for matting and layering. The large mat is embossed with Embossalicious 8x8 Beautiful Bunting folder.



The letters and numbers were cut with Die'sire 1" Alphabet and Numbers die sets - a total essential in my opinion!!



A little piece of ribbon tied in a knot finishes it all off!!



I would like to enter this into:
Hobby Cutz Challenge - For the Boys

Corrosive Challenges - Let's Hear it For the Boys

Back soon,
Cxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great masculine card, and perfect for a 10 year old! I love your images and and textured backgrounds! He will love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for a football mad 11 year old Carole. Thanks for entering our challenge at Hobbycutz, good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx