About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 2 August 2014

Thank you!!

Good morning!! Has been a good one so far for me!! Had a great parkrun this morning - despite the absolutely torrential rain - with my 5th fastest time so far - and the best I've run since the beginning of May!! Have to say that yesterday's SUP fitness class was cancelled and at the time I was disappointed - but maybe all that saved energy was a bonus today!!

Anyway, it's been well over a week since I blogged - but I can assure you I will be making up for it in the next couple of weeks, as sneak peeks of what I have been working on will be starting tomorrow!! It's been full on making samples - alongside fitting in a few days out with my lovely nieces!!

But before all of that starts, I thought I would share with you a few 'Thank You' cards I made for the end of the summer term. 
I used Crafter's Companion Kraft card to layer onto what used to be called a 'small tall' card (roughly 8cm x 20cm) by Craft Tonic. I bought loads of them when I first started crafting - don't think you can get them anymore. But I still have a stash and they were perfect for this. I then used paper from Kanban's Well Wishes pad to go with the matching Heart topper, and matted and layered this with Kraft card, inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. A few pearls and a piece of twine finished it all off. 
 
The other two were completed in a similar way - just different toppers and sentiments.

I would like to enter this into:
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes

Be back soon!!
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Great cards! Love all the detail you have put into this! Thanks for joining us at 4 Craft Chicks this week.
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx