About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 10 July 2014

Sad Times

It has been one of those days today. Things going not quite how I expected them (although not necessarily in a bad way) - and lots to ponder on. On top of that, my husband had to attend the funeral of his cousin who recently lost her fight to cancer. I had to work, so was unable to accompany him. But it makes taking part in events such as Race for Life even more personal and meaningful. 

I find sympathy cards very difficult to make - especially when I know the recipients well. I try to keep if simple and unfussy - as it just seems more appropriate. This topper was from Kanban's Well Wishes and Celebration set. It's a light purple colour - and the other toppers in the selection were a combination of this purple and a beige colour. For whatever reason, it gave me the idea to use very dark chocolate brown card instead of black.
The square base card was cut down from an A4 sheet. I then used some purple and more chocolate brown to mat and layer. The large brown layer was embossed with Spellbinders Grand Dainty Dots embossing folder to add a little texture. I finished off with some ribbon and pearls from my stash.

Not much else to say really. 
Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx