About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Wedding Day!!

Today's post is a wedding card commissioned by a friend for her daughter's big day. It's based on a design I made for a previous commission - but in a completely different colour way. 
It's an 8x8 card made from a large sheet of Snow White Centura Pearl. The textured cream card is from my local market, and the pink paper and blue card used for layering is from my stash. i also used more of the Centura Pearl card.

To create the pink heart image, and the Congratulations sentiments, I mixed Dreamweaver Pearlescent paste with acrylic paints. Can't remember exactly what combination, as it was a bit of a trial and error to get the colour I needed. Quick tip - mix the paint first then add small amounts to the paste. The pearlescence does alter the colour - so it really is a case of playing around. And you don't want to add too much paint as the paste then becomes too runny. The stencils I used were both Dreamweaver - Rose Heart and Congratulations.

I used a combination of Spellbinders Circle, Scalloped Circle, Splendid Circle and Grand Decorative Circle dies to cut and mount the heart. For the sentiment I used my X Cut corner rounder, and a Long Scalloped Rectangle die.

Cream satin ribbon, a few pearls, and some decorative strands from the Wedding section of my local craft shop were used to finish off the card.
I decorated the top of the box lid in the same way as the card. For the inside of the lid and base I used more of the cream textured card, and a Centura Pearl Grand Decorative Circle embossed with Creative Expressions Cascading Hearts folder. The paper hearts are cut with X Cut Heart and Scalloped Heart dies, and the little pearl hearts are from my stash.
Here are the box and card together! I was pretty pleased with the result. 

I would like to enter this into:
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Wedding

Tuesday Throwdown - Celebrations (Wedding)
Dies R Us - Weddings

Take Care,
Cxxxx

7 comments:

  1. WOW what a beautiful wedding card set! Just gorgeous Carole! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘WEDDING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Your beautiful creation also fits the wedding challenge currently running at Dies R Us I hope you'll come share it there also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty project! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous & what a precious keepsake too in the box. Thanks for joining us for our Wedding challenge.

    Alicia (Dies R Us DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a gorgeous box and card set! I'm sure the bride & groom will be just blown away by the beauty of it. Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the wedding challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back with a different DT hat on today but still am SO IMPRESSED with this beautiful boxed creation. What a wonderful gift & keepsake!
    Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WEDDING’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty design! Thank you for participating in the DRU "Wedding" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the elegancy of this one Carole, so beautifully designed. Joey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx