About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Crafters's Companion Blog Challenge - Flowers

So, today sees the launch of the new look Crafter's Companion Challenges. Rather than being posted on the CC Blog, it will all be done through a new area on the Facebook page. Click here to visit the page to enter.

And that means that - at last - this is my first official blog as part of the Crafter's Companion Design Team. Haven't quite made it to the launch of a new product yet - but am happy to start with this project for our monthly challenge which this time happens to be Floral!!
I decided to make a little 5"x7" canvas and use this gorgeous image from the Rachelle Ann Miller CD (Kids at Play), which I printed onto Watercolour card to give it texture. I painted the canvas with Pebeo white paint - strange you might think as it was already white - but it brought out more of the texture. I then scraped a combination of Greengold, Tangerine, Naples Yellow, Cherry and Bright Pink over the top.

On top of this I glued a border cut from the gorgeous check pattern Co-ordinating Paper, using Die'licious Lace Border 4. I also fussy cut 3 of the red/orange flowers from the Embellishment section and pasted them down too. 
I printed more of the Co-ordinating Papers onto Satin Paper - making them double sided. I then cut out spiral circles, and wound them round a quilling tool. I edged them with Barn Door DI. The leaves are from Die'licious Leaf 2.
The sentiment is from the Sentimentals Range - Memories are Made, and was stamped onto Watercolour card with Barn Door DI. This is mounted onto a Die'sire Elegance Frame cut from Core'dinations Card (from So Mod). The image is also mounted onto this card. 
I finished off with pearls and ribbon from my stash - and edged the canvas with a mixture of Cherry and Black Pebeo paint.

And there you have it. There will be inspirational projects posted onto Facebook throughout the month (mine should be in there sometime - not sure when) - so plenty of time and ideas to get you motivated!! It will be wonderful to see all your creations. Remember - the Challenge will now run on Facebook (click here for the entry page) - and not on the old Blog Challenge page.

Be back soon!!

Cxxx 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx