About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Back to the Sneaky Peeks - No. 5!!!

So, after yesterday's break - I'm back with another Sneak Peek at the Crafter's Companion Camden Town Male CD. Can't believe there's only 2 more days until the launch on Create and Craft. Today's project is a little different as it's not a papercrafting project at all. For this one I have done a little bit of sewing!!
One of the parts I love about the new CD's are the Fabric Companions. I really fancied making some bunting  - with a difference!! This is not your usual girly bunting!! This is one for the boys - with an abundance of camouflage material!! 


The image from the CD was printed (three times) onto Iron On Transfer Sheets, and adhered to plain white cotton. Because the image was rectangular I decided to mix up the usual triangular shape with rectangles, and alternate them down the bunting.  Each piece is backed with more camouflage material.
And because I am a lazy sewer and can't be faffed with hand-stitching the binding on, I used a decorative stitch on my sewing machine in a contrasting thread, and made it a feature!!

So, tomorrow I will be back with my last sneaky peek - and on Thursday I will be glued to the TV watching Dawn Wheeler on the One Day Special on Create and Craft!! 

Take care,
Cxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks amazing Carol. I can't sew so always very impressed by people that can, I love the idea of boy bunting. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx