About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 24 February 2014

A little more melt pot!!

Good morning - and another week has started. We're almost into March - where is the time going. Just a quick post today. This is a card that that I have put together - and incorporated things made with my lovely melt pot! 
I started out with a piece of mountboard, as I knew I wanted to apply some wet stuff - and didn't want the card front buckling. I have used black mirror card, on top of which is a piece of Papermania card (been in my stash a very long time). It was a 12x12 sheet of double sided card - one side is very vintage pearly pink, and the other is the stripes. So, having layered all this onto the mountboard,  I then took some Deco Mache paper (Pink Roses) and a few pieces of the Papermania card and applied them to the corners with Indigo Blu Slap It On Matte. I painted the whole of the front with the same medium to ensure the texture looked the same.
When it was dry, I used a craft knife to cut along the outside of the largest black mat - so you can't see the mountboard underneath on the finished card.

Next, I used a La Blanche flourish stamp with Indigo Blu Flitterglue, and stamped around the edges. I then applied some black foil. The foil didn't adhere to all of the glue - so I filled in the gaps with some gilding flakes (Crafty Notions - Variegated Red).

The four matching flowers were cut from the same Papermania card, with a Spellbinders Bitty Blossom die. Once rolled and stuck, I dunked them into clear UTEE in my melt pot for the faux porcelain look. 

I then added a whole cocktail of UTEE into the pot - including Lava Black, Tropic Pearl, Black - and also some old Do Crafts red embossing powder. The diamond shapes were made using Spellbinders square bezels as moulds. The flower that sits on top of the larger diamond was from a second mixing in the melt pot - and of course the colours never come out the same. For this one I used a little silicone chocolate mould. 

This is a close up of the large diamond, as the photo of the whole card doesn't do justice to the colours. It sits on top of three layers of ribbon from my stash - black, olive green and white.
I would like to enter this into:
Pumpkin Spice - Flowers

So, that's that for today. Be back soon.
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card so many techniques used and you have pulled them all together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing use of supplies!!! I LOVE those gorgeous roses and the fabulous colors you've used! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! I hope you hop over to my blog (On a Stampage), too--I've got blog candy! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I hope you link this up with us at House of Cards, too! It fits our challenge perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx