About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 3 June 2013

CCM #93 - Father's Day

This fortnight our challenge is hosted by Feebsy who has chosen Father's Day as her theme. It's Father's Day here in the UK on 16th June - so we want to see creations inspired by the father figure in your life. It can be anything from a card to a scrapbook page, or a knitted scarf to a piece of altered art. It doesn't have to be specifically for Father's Day - but please let us know the inspiration for your work in order to qualify for the prize draw.

We are sponsored this time by The Paper Shelter who are offering a $20 gift certificate, and also by Woodware.

       

I have chosen to use 'My Little Garden' from The Paper Shelter, and make a Father's Day card for my Dad.


Dad was 72 this month, and retired 7 years ago. One of his passions now is his 'little garden'. He spends a lot of time there growing things from seed and from cuttings. He has passed this love of gardening on to me - and also to my eldest niece, who has set up a 'hospital' for any sick plants that need special care.

I started with a piece of green card that I picked up at a local market, and ran it through my Grand Calibur with an A4 Spellbinders MBossability folder called Dainty Dots. I used the 4 dot diamond design side for this. I bought this folder ages ago - then got caught out as my machine was the old one! I recently bought a new set of plates and my hubbie managed to take out the original guide plate and replace it with the new one. So now, I can use this great embossing folder.

The digi stamp was printed onto Joanna Sheen Elegance card and I used my Promarkers to colour it in:
Watering Can: Cool Grey 1, 2 and 4
Plant Pot: Morning Mist, March Hare and Sandstone
Flowers: Eggnog/Lemon, Daffodil Bloom/Tulip Yellow, and Summer Sun
Grass/Foliage: Forest Green, Apple, Grass, Fresh Meadow

The green backing card is Kanban Ornate Floral Vines, and the yellow is Hunkydory (not sure exactly what kit it was from). I used Spellbinders Grand ovals and Grand scalloped ovals to cut the image and mats, and inked the edge of the image with Iced Spruce DI.  The sentiment was stamped with a mini alphabet stamp set and DI, and cut with the Ovals die.

The wide ribbon has been in my stash forever - no idea where I got it from it's that old!!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
My Sheri Crafts - Father's Day
Pumpkin Spice - Father
Sweet Stampin' - Father's Day
Wags n Whiskers - Father's Day

By for now!

7 comments:

  1. Great card.

    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Carole and thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Carole, I bet your dad will love it, it's great to here how he's passed on his passion for gardening to you.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely calm looking card, feel sure your Dad will love it.
    Thanks for joining in with us on my sheri craft this time.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card for a garden-lovin'-Dad! I'm sure he'll love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet Father's Day card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Wags n Whiskers challenge, hope to see you again! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect for a Dad who loves gardening! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx