About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 20 January 2012

A little bit of Fusion!!

Well, am just about keeping to the one blog a week resolution!! The rest of the resolutions are still going - just about - but it's becoming more difficult!! There's so much lovely crafting stuff out there just begging me to buy it. But so far have resisted.

I've been working on the website a bit this week - trying to upload new things. The site has been going for over a year now - and it really hasn't taken off. Partly due to being very busy last year with other things - and also a lack of knowledge as to what to do to make it more successful. For now, I will get it sorted and up and running again, and then think about where to go with it. It's funny really, as this blog started as my way of recording the development of the website - and now it's really become very secondary. Maybe that's part of the problem - I've not concentrated on it enough. Anyway, enough of the philosophising (is that even a word??)!!


It's been a while since I've posted anything Paint Fusion - and as some of you will know, I do rather like this style. This candle was for a commision. It's in the style of Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion - and uses her stamps for the leaves. But the roses are not part of the range. You may remember that back in July another friend asked for a set of coasters with particular flowers - one of which was the rose (check it out here). I struggled with it at the time, but when I revisited it this time, I found it easier (partly because of the notes I made before).

The problem this time was the request for white roses!! In order to achieve some sort of definition on a white candle, I used hints of green within the rose. It took several applications in order to obtain the whiteness against the candle - but it was worth it!!

To go with the candle, I made a set of coasters.


For both the coasters and candle I used Eco-Green Paints - Zucchini and Lime for the leaves, and White for the roses with hints of Lime. The coasters are finished with Bundled Sage Distress Ink, and a swoosh of Iridescent Spray and Sparkle.

Well, better get back to sorting the website - although I will be doing some crafty stuff as well - life would be just too boring otherwise.

Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. fabulous work, dont know how you did these, but the result is fabulous so stylish.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx