Have just had a couple of days off from work. Supposed to recharge the batteries I suppose, but I find it difficult to sit and do nothing. Especially when I have so much craft stuff sitting there waiting to be made.
Being such a freak about organisation, I got it into my head that I needed to do a full inventory of all the things I currently have in my stash just waiting to be made.
It was quite scary really - boxes, candles, mirror frames, coasters, bookmarks, notepads, wall hangings, fridge magnets, keyrings - a total of over 200 items!!! I have a problem just buying a couple of anything. If I see it and I think it can be turned into something good, I generally buy a minimum of 6 - depending on the price of course!!! On top of that there's also over 200 cards ready and waiting to be made up!! And that doesn't even go near all the card, paper, paint, glitter, ink, gilding flakes...... etc etc that I have lying around!!
Not content with all of that, I have also decided to make up some samples. With my comissioned cards, I have decided to add a couple more options into the mix. I have always just offered an envelope or a decorated, two piece box. I am now intending to have two options in between. Both are "enveloboxes" (made with the Crafter's Companion Envelobox Board). Enveloboxes are basically 3D envelopes. I intend to have a plain option or a decorated option. It won't be as highly decorated as a two piece box, so will be cheaper. So I have started making up some samples of cards, enveloboxes, and boxes for all the sizes of cards I do for commissions - just a little job then!!! As if I don't have enough else to be getting on with.
I have a commission I am working on at the moment - and am experimenting with something new for me - embossing paste!! Watch this space and I'll let you know how I get on.
The picture at the top is of a Sheena Douglass inspired Paint Fusion set I made for my best friend. All the items were crackled using Wilkinson tester pot "Leaves in Fall", PVA glue, and Wilkinson tester pot "Magnolia". The butterflies were stamped using the exclusive stamp set, and painted using Eco Green Paints - Bronze and Raspberry. The flowers are from the Berries stamp set painted in Eco Green White and Tomato, with Sunflower and Mulch for the centres. And the foliage is also from the Berries set, painted in Pebeo Forest Green and Antique Green. The distressed look was achieved using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy, and the edges of the canvas, mountboard and bookmark were embossed with Copper embossing powder.
The Friendship stamp was from Sheena's set, and the name was stamped using individual alphabet stamps - both embossed in Copper.
The mountboard with the name on, was put onto a card - I just forgot to take a photo of it after I'd made it!!!
Well, am going to sign off here. Have more Paint Fusion items to share - but won't bore you all in one go!!!